Welcome to my first Monday Regular: Five Extraordinary Things
1. You can sing practically any song on Karaoke. Here’s the one I’ve been choosing over and over and over again. I’m in the girl band: Too Many Directions.
- Also, here is me awkwardly singing it to prove that anyone and everyone can awkwardly sing AND it can be extraordinary and wonderful and make you groove your upper body in the bed with your dog.
2. @Samanthaventer posted this on her Instagram story and it gave me all the grandma crochet feels. And I mean, what a beautiful sentiment. Let’s all keep it, I’ll give it out like Oprah gives out her favorite things. Except mine are made of air and hers you can actually eat and drive.
3. Bitch Magazine’s story about Kathrine Switzer, the First Woman to Run the Boston Marathon. I just love the part when her dad says, “life is for participating, not sitting on the sidelines watching others do things” when she wanted to be a cheerleader.
4. Conversations with my Mom about creating, birthing, and raising a they-by (gender neutral babies) before a modern Alice play we saw at Raleigh Little Theater. Read more here, here, and here. Try to hold your judgment like you hold your breath — tightly inside your closed mouth. 🙂